As our plans are to travel off the bitumen as much as possible, we were really keen to ensure that our accommodation would also go anywhere with us. We wanted something compact yet comfortable, strong and sturdy, lightweight, and very reliable. Our extensive research led us to a camper trailer.
With many options available, we decided on CUB. They had a great product, with great service. It also meant that we were supporting Australian industry, as all components are manufactured right here. The team at CUB Campers in Melbourne were extremely helpful in identifying our needs and wants, and providing us with a solution. So, we ended up with a CUB SupaMatic Escape Off-Road Camper – and couldn’t be happier!
It has everything we need to be self sufficient, and with a few additional camping accessories, we can stay ‘off-the-grid’ for a fairly decent amount of time.
Our setup includes all of this…
- Dual battery system in camper (additional to dual batteries in the 4WD)
- 127L Water tank
- Deluxe extended canvas awning with
- Additional Duramesh awning
- 60L Engel Fridge
- C-Gear Mat
- 2500W Inverter
- Stainless steel kitchen with 2-burner gas cooktop and slide out pantry
- Off-road suspension
- 16″ Wheels with All-Terrain Tyres
- Separate en-suite tent with 12V shower
- MDC Double swag